A BOOK REPORT FOR LAKE SUPERIOR FREETHINKERS AND CHRISTIANS TOO

I was sent, by Meghan Quinn of prometheusbooks.com, the fine book, 50 SIMPLE QUESTIONS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN. The author, Guy P. Harrison, gives his fifty questions and plenty of commentary on them, ie, answers. He does it in a kindly way hoping that reasonable Christians might read it and be informed. His chapters include, WHY ISN’T EVERYONE A CHRISTIAN, WHAT ARE MIRACLES, IS AMERICA A CHRISTIAN NATION?, and my favorite, IS FAITH A GOOD THING. And there are plenty more. Freethinkers will applaud this book as we agree with the author. Alas, christians will shrug it off as blasphemy. However, I have an excellent place for this book. My college age grandson raised fundy by my son’s divorced wife is now questioning his unquestionable faith. He does listen to me on the religion question and reads my essays. I will send him this book. And I recommend it for its clear responses to christian nonsense. Buy it, read it and pass it on to those who will benefit of it. William van Druten MD, Founder Lake Superior Freethinkers, LMFFRF (Life member of Freedom from religion Foundation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Devotees