BILL'S SPARE TIME PUT TO GOOD EFFECT

Sitting here by the fake log fire in my 'cabin' it occurs to me that I aught put my leisure toward some laudable effort for your benefit.   Yes, I aught.  But just what would be laudable enough to disturb my peace this morning.  This 'cabin' which I usually refer to as my Beer Palace, is a glassed in solarium on a deck of the warm side of my house in mid Minnesota.   Oh, yes, gets nice and hot in the summer but........  It is my vacation retreat.  No one allowed in without a passport.  And that includes my wife.   It is serene here and I read or play my brass instrument (Euphonium) here in peace.  There are no critics.  I do solo work here except when I play along with the Canadian Brass.   They are pretty good but if they get out of sync with me I make them do it again.   Lately I am working on the six Bach  Unaccompanied Cello Suites.   They are good and I am certain that Bach intended them for Euphonium but they were mislabeled somewhere over the years. I am only on Suite II.  I skipped number I as it looked too hard but I promise to get back to it later.

Anyway I can say without  anyone gainsaying me that my tone is very sonorous.  My articulation and phrasing without peer.  So why do the neighbors choose to mow their lawns or attack foliage with their weed whackers when I practice?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Devotees